Thursday, December 2, 2010

Let's Go Supreme, With a Blog Post

After a long hiatus (read: having a baby) and a subtle hint I received in a birthday card - I'm baaaaack!! It is truly a wonder how you view the world completely differently with a baby - Jesse and I feel truly blessed, and we are excited to share each new day/discovery/experience with Baby Victoria. However, there is also humor to be found in this new life purpose called parenthood.

For example, dog tags clinking together never sounded so loud before (especially right after you put baby down for a nap - seriously, it's like everything goes into slow motion - the dogs get up and shake their heads and I'm getting up frantically saying/scream whispering "NOOOOOOO!!!!" ), babies expel gas from both ends at extreme volumes (and you find yourself enthusiastically applauding both, or getting a fit of the giggles in the wee hours of the morning), and specifically related to our baby - the leg thump. When she gets excited about anything, she starts thumping her leg with the enthusiasm of a jug band member.

Also, I am always thinking about the baby, so pretty much anything I see relates back to her in some way...it's like a new version of the game 8 Degrees of Separation, which I'm sure is annoying to others, but provides me with hours of new entertainment. Here are some of my current favs:

1. Everytime baby eats, "let's go supreme" - the first part is the best:



3. The answer to most of my questions to her - from Hot Fuzz:



And now, baby calls and I must away!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the description of the jug band video is simply "best damn jug band you'll ever hear"... and then it's muppets.

    ReplyDelete